Reports and Analyses
Aims and Scope
The aim of the Journal of Namibian Studies - History Politics Culture (ISSN print 1863-5954; ISSN online 2197-5523) is to make available to an academic audience around the world scholarly work and original research of high standards in English. The journal is inter- and transdisciplinary and covers the humanities and the social sciences. As such it seeks to serve as an interface between local and international Namibianist scholars. The main objective is to ensure that debate on Namibia-related issues, for which there is generally no adequate forum, is accessible both within Namibia and internationally. Articles submitted for publication will be thoroughly and anonymously peer-reviewed. There are two issues per year, each containing four or five articles and substantial book reviews.
* JNS is the only academic journal devoted exclusively to Namibian Studies.
* Editorial policy encourages an inter- and transdisciplinary approach.
* There are no deadlines for the submission of articles. Papers submitted to be considered for publication are welcome at all times.
* There are no publication or other charges for authors.
* It is part of our policy to keep the time span for the editorial process as short as possible.
* Material submitted for publication will only be accepted in English.
* The journal operates in an anonymous peer-review mode.
* Final acceptance of submitted articles will be decided following consideration of the reviewers’ feedback and rests solely with the editors.
* Articles and papers accepted for publication will be thoroughly reviewed by a Language Editor.
* Submissions of articles can be made any time by e-mail attachment in Microsoft Word Format to: email@example.com
Abstracting & Indexing
African Studies Abstracts Online
BASE: Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
EBSCO: Humanities Source
ERIH PLUS: European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences
IBZ: International Bibliography of Periodical Literature
IBR: International Bibliography of Book Reviews of Scholarly Literature
The Journal of Nambian Studies is also abstracted and indexed by the library of the African Studies Centre in Leiden, The Netherlands. Please visit: www.ascleiden.nl/Library